B.Sc (Hons) in Computer Science
B.Sc. (Hons.) in Computer Science is one of the pioneering programs of Chanakya University. It is a right blend of theoretical computer science and computer applications. Specially designed to cater to the needs of the IT industry and provides a rich experience of hands-on training. This makes the students become highly skilled programrs. Additionally, this program enables the students to join the domain specific post graduate programs.
- All the courses are hands-on training based: Every course (subject) will contain more practical sessions. Students get high quality hands-on training for every single subject. This enables them to learn the practical aspect of every concept. Hence, they will become better professionals.
- Mix of Industry- Academia Teaching: The school has a special blend of people such as experts from the IT firms, academicians, and expert researchers. So, courses will be taught by people with different type of background. This will equipe the students in multiple ways and they will learn to develop multidirectional perspectives.
- Industry Mentor for every single student from 3rd semester onwards: The school will allocate the experts from the IT industry as mentors to the students. In this scheme, every student will be connected to a person who is working in a reputed organisation in the IT sector. The students will be guided, directed, and moulded by the respective mentor. They will feel the real professional atmosphere through their mentors. Additionally, they will understand the work culture of IT field, latest trend, cutting edge technological awareness, and internship & job opportunities. This is the most unique feature of the school.
- Group project during the third year: The students are supposed to carry out a group project in their interested sub-domain. This will be one of the interesting, challenging, and thrilling experiences of the students of our school. Because they will do the project under the guidance of a specialised team consists of a professor from Chanakya University and a mentor from the industry.
- One Full Semester Internship in the relevant Industry: In the final year, all the students will be spending one full semester duration in a reputed IT company in the form of internship. Upon the successful completion of the same, they may be recruited by the same company. This internship will enhance their skill set and possibility of placement in a reputed organisation.
Discipline Core (DC) (Major / Minor)
Foundation Course (FC)
Competence Course (CC)
Fundamentals of Programming (4), Discrete Mathematics (4),
India’s IT Industry: History and
Critical Thinking (2),
Language 1 (3),
Language 2 (3)
Probability and Statistics (4), Computer Systems (3),
Database Management System I (3)
Ethical Reasoning (4)
Language 1 (3),
Language 2 (3)
Database Management System II (3), Data Structures and
Object Oriented Programming Systems (4),
Statistical Inference with R (3)
Intellectual Heritage of India (4)
Language/ NCC/ NSS/
Sports/ Other (3)
Operating System (4)
Understanding Itihaas (4)
Thinking Skills/ Research Skills (3)
Machine Learning (4), Software Project Development (4),
Appreciating Aesthetics (4)
Personal Skills/ Leadership Skills/
Project Management/ Research Skills
Competitive Programming (4),
Software Security (4),
Social Skills/ Citizenship Skills/
Life Skills / SEVA/
/ Research Skills (9)